Source-Zip solves a specific problem: you need to send your media files session to another location, but you don't have the time or bandwidth it takes to send such a large file.
With support for Video compression, even the largest files can be transferred quickly, whether it's for review & approval, or editing, or storage.
Got a 2GB session of media files? Source-Zip it down to 200MB!
Save 90% of your bandwidth and time, and just double-click to unzip back to full size after you’ve sent it to your destination.
* Final size is dependent on the zip quality you choose
Why do I need Source-Zip? It keeps your meta-data.
Until now, you couldn’t just zip media files using the zip software that is built into your computer, because audio and video files contain complex data that does not respond to standard ‘zip’ compression.
If you compress WAV or AIFF audio files using other compression software you’ll lose all meta-data that is required by your audio program to quickly re-open sessions and start working. Source-Zip allows you to easily take all of your audio and video files in your session folder, zip them into a much smaller size using either the latest in MP4 compression technology or Apple’s Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC), and then easily unzip them without requiring Source-Zip on the other computer by way of Source-Unzip, the accompanying unzip application.
Source-Zip allows you to compress your audio and video sessions and all the accompanying files for quick and easy transfer over the internet. Source-Zip creates a self-extracting file that you can email or ftp to someone quickly, and once unzipped it recreates your session files exactly as they were – including audio meta-data that applications like Pro Tools need to recognize the files, and any other files that were zipped along with your audio and video.
How does it work?
Drag your audio or video session folder containing the media files you want zipped onto Source-Zip. You can drag it onto the window, or onto the icon in the Finder or in the Dock.
Choose the level of compression want. The smaller the compression the more quality you lose, but it’s faster to transfer on the internet. Choose Lossless if you don’t want any loss of quality whatsoever, or Original if you want to keep the integrity of your video files.
Now Zip It! Source-Zip will compress all your audio and video files and create a self-extracting file using the smallest possible compression for all other files. You will now have a folder containing the compressed audio and video data and a free, distributable application called Source-Unzip that you send with the file if the other side doesn’t already have it.
Email, FTP or otherwise send the .szp file and Source-Unzip application to whereever you want. They don’t need a license to unzip your session and you can send it to as many people as you wish.
To recreate your session on another computer, just drag the .szp archive to the Source-Unzip application. Source-Unzip will recreate an exact replica of your session folder and restore the audio and video files to their original format. If you use Lossless compression it would be exactly as if you had transferred your original session.
- Source-Zip is activated automatically as a 15-day trial to your iLok.com account when you first launch it.
– Note: an iLok is not required, only an iLok account.
- Supports WAV and AIFF, 44.1khz to 192khz support.
- Only Mono and Stereo audio files will be compressed. Multi-channel files will remain intact as they are.
- Source-Zip Pro Video supports all industry-standard video files
- Designed for all DAWS such as Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo, Digital Performer and more
- Source-Zip 2.0: MacOS 10.10 – 10.15, Mac Intel.
- NOTE: Source-Zip 1.0 is not compatible with MacOS 10.15.
- NOTE: Source-Unzip 1.0 is not compatible with MacOS 10.14.
- NOTE: Source-Unzip 1.0 does not support 32-bit float audio files.
Source-ZIP Versions: Download and Pricing
Source-ZIP Versions: Download and Pricing
Buy, download or get a full-featured 15-day trial of Source-Zip today.
|Industry-standard AAC support:|
|Password protection using AES256 industry-strength encryption:|
|'Browse' mode for Source-Unzip: select specific files to Unzip:|
|Buy a full license||BUY BASIC 2.0||BUY PRO 2.0||BUY VIDEO|
|Try a 15-day full-featured trial||TRY BASIC 2.0||TRY 2.0||TRY VIDEO|
* Full licenses are perpetual and non-expiring and you have no further obligation to pay support or upgrade fees except where those services are required by you